Data Privacy Note
Thank you for your interest in our website and our online services. Data is the basis for us to provide an excellent service. However, our most important asset is the trust of our customers. Protecting customer data and using it only in the way our customers expect from us is our highest priority. The following privacy notice is therefore intended to inform you about the processing of your personal data and your rights in this processing in accordance with the European General Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR") and other applicable data protection regulations, like Swiss data protection laws.
1. General Information
1. Responsible for the operation of this website is METRO International AG, Neuhofstrasse 4, 6340 Baar, Switzerland (hereinafter "METRO", "we" or "us").
2. If you have any questions about privacy and data protection, you can contact our data protection officer using the following contact details:
METRO International AG
Data Protection Officer
4. We have taken appropriate technical measures to ensure that your data is protected against unauthorized disclosure, unlawful use, alteration and destruction. METRO employees are required to comply with data protection regulations when handling (personal) data.
2. Processing of Personal Data and Transfer to Third Parties
2. If you contact us, we only collect, process and use the personal data that you have made available to us and that is necessary to process and respond to your enquiry. Legal basis for the processing is Art. 6 para. 1 s. 1 lit. b) GDPR.
3. If you want to create a user account on our website, it is necessary to enter your personal data. The personal data will only be processed for the purpose of creating and maintaining your user account and only if you have given your consent to the data processing. The processing is legally based on Art. 6 para. 1 s. 1 lit a) GDPR.
Your personal data will only be stored until you delete your user account. You can delete your user account by clicking the link “delete profile”, which you find in the user profile menu. After that, your personal data will be deleted without undue delay. Please note that after deactivation you cannot use your user account anymore.